We are the Santa Rosa IONS Community Group.
We support the mission and vision of the
The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS).
IONS was founded in 1973 by Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, and is a nonprofit research, education, and membership organization whose mission is supporting individual and collective transformation through consciousness research, educational outreach, and engaging a global learning community in the realization of our human potential. “Noetic” comes from the Greek word nous, which means “intuitive mind” or “inner knowing.” IONS™ conducts, sponsors, and collaborates on leading-edge research into the potentials and powers of consciousness, exploring phenomena that do not necessarily fit conventional scientific models while maintaining a commitment to scientific rigor.
The Institute’s primary program areas are consciousness and healing, extended human capacities, and emerging worldviews. The specific work of the Institute includes the following:
- Sponsorship of and participation in original research and publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Application of findings into educational products and trainings
- A monthly membership program that includes product and workshop discounts and the semiannual periodical The Noetic Post
- Presentation and co-sponsorship of regional and international workshops and conferences
- The hosting of residential seminars and workshops at EarthRise, our on-campus retreat facility, located on 200 acres thirty miles north of San Francisco with facilities for up to 120 people
- Supporting a global network of self-organizing community groups